Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mail to Madhwas group on Oct 9, 2006

Dear Kaka,

I wanted to take a moment and let you know that you have been a source of inspiration to our entire family, especially the younger ones who look up to you as the first example of someone who was brilliant academically. You occupy the pride of place as thefirst mover, although several have followed in your footsteps and have excelled in their own ways. In evolution, that first step is extremely significant as the following generations inherit from the genes as well as get inspired hearing stories of you studying under kerosene lamp and tamil medium which are part of the folklore.

When I used to study sitting on top of a pile of bedding at 4 a.m. during childhood, Aji (your mom)used to remark that I looked like Padda Kaka in posture while studying. Even that remark, as prosaic as it may be, was a source of pride to a young boy anxious to make a mark when grown up. That reference point which you created, that bar which you set so high, being presidency first and everything else that followed remains, in my mind, one of the strong reasons for the entire yasaka clan to have progressed so well as of today. As you turn 76, I bow my head in reverence to who you are and what you have been to all us. Thank you. BTW - how do you still remember those several laws of Physics and all the names of train stations?! Love for knowledge personified, it seems. I can only guess:-)

Regards,
Govind

2 comments:

VASU MAMA said...

Deat Govind,

Do you remember or have a mail from Padda Kaka in response to this mail?

Vasu kaka

rachita said...

so true.ajoba's been an inspiration in more ways than one.