For those who missed it earlier, here is the reply from Padda to Govind.
Dear Govind,
Thanks for your e-mail of 9th Oct 2006 eulogizing me in most etravagent terms on my 76th birthday. Epitaphs/biographies are usually written after a great person exists no more. But you are an exceptional biographer who has chosen to write of me in such endearing and superlative terms, exaggerating such virtues as I possessed, when I am still alive and kicking, if not fishing in Florida! Bosewell who wrote the "LIFE OF JOHNSON" was a bigger literary figure in English than Johnson himself. So it is with you today Govind, and I am all admiration for you. I hope in the distant future another writer will emerge from the YASAKA clan who will praise you too in no smaller measure. With best wishes and kindest regards, yours affectionately, --- Padda Kaka
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment